photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Wednesday 5 November 2014

5 things I regret buying

There's nothing worse than being disappointed by a product! It's one thing when it simply doesn't 'suit' you, but it's another when the product just doesn't do what it promises! Here are a few things that I regret buying.


1. Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo - £1.50, 65ml
I bought two different types, the first, their "Clearly Naked" and also the "Uplifting Volume." Both boast a lightweight fresh, first day feel but I have to say that these did not work for me at all! They not only made my hair feel awful, it made it look greasy and lank - quite the opposite of what dry shampoo should do. I certainly wouldn't buy again!



2. Bionsen Pump Spray Deodorant - £2.75
I had been struggling to find a good deodorant that would not leave white marks. I've tried them all, traditional spray, roll on, stick...I just wanted one that actually worked. So, I came across this one, a "pump spray", so there was no chance of it leaving white marks (?) something that definitely suited me. Anyway, I found that this packaging leaked constantly and...stung my underarms - which obviously isn't ideal! So annoying because it actually smelt really good.



3. Soap & Glory A Brush with Greatness - £6.50                                                                                    A double-sided facial brush to use with your cleanser. I thought this sounded like a great idea, however the brush side is far too harsh and I can't imagine any face skin would suit it. As for the other silicone side, it just feels as though it does nothing. My skin gained no benefit from using this brush.



4. Soap & Glory Fab Pore 2-in-1 Facial Pore Purifying Mask & Peel - £10.00
I'm sorry to list another one by Soap&Glory. This product actually boasts quite a lot, everything from reducing large pores, unclogging pores, spot prevention, face detoxing and it smoothes, cleanses and purifies!? Quite a lot wouldn't you say? Well, this product did absolutely NOTHING for me other than sting my skin, it even made my eyes water: quite disappointed given the price.


5. Revlon ColorStay ShadowLinks - £2.99 each
I couldn't wait to get my hands on these, the price was very reasonable and they "link together" - genius, simple yet innovative. I bought a couple of base colours and I could not be more disappointed. The shadows feel chalky and have such a light to non existent pigment, it seems pretty pointless if you ask me.


What things have you regret buying recently?

L x


4 comments:

  1. The revlon ones were a disappointment for me too! I was a little disappointed with some benefit products lately - I got the fake up and it was alright but for 25 quid I expected much more! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know, I thought What was the point in eyeshadows that don't give you any colours!? lol! Aww that's a shame, I loved Benefit's Fakeup, it's my face concealer! hehe, I heard good things about Boi-ing concealer though! xx

      Delete
  2. I love Bionsen. They have loooads of different packaging (roll on, deo stick, spray, etc). I have been wearing the one with the spray / aerosol packaging for years. Love that it's aluminium free, doesn't leave marks and smells lovely. It has alcohol in it so it can sting a tiny bit on me but only if I have epilated/waxed my armpits (which I only do once a week), but I find it great :) x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I think you've inspired me to try the aerosol spray, as I did really love it, smells so good! x

      Delete