photo aboutmeNEW_zps61fbca22.png  photo healthylivingbuttonNEW_zpscf3f2246.png  photo ContactMe_zpsfeda721c.png

Sunday 26 October 2014

The perfect Red and Nude Lipstick?

I'm talking about the L'Oreal Color Riche Collection lipsticks in Red and Nude. I've been waiting to get my hands on these beauties for a while now but inevitably, whenever I go into boots, they didn't have the shade I wanted. Personally, I was after the 'Julianne' range as her face was the one I could identify with the most: i.e. pale skin, freckles and Red hair - well in my case brunette with a tint of Auburn.


Anyway, when I finally swatched the Red, it scared me a little bit just because it was so bright, a very vibrant red. I'm not gonna lie, at this point I was in two minds about getting it, but it turns out it suits me pretty well - at least I think so!



The nude however is gorgeous. On the website it's described as 'Barely Peach' I'd have to agree it's  super pretty, it has a slight shimmer quality to it, which I love, perfect for effortless daytime makeup.




Finally, the formula is lovely! I'd say it's pretty standard as far as lipsticks go, not too matte, not too glossy, feels somewhat powdery when it's on the lips, the Red especially, but it's not an unpleasant feeling. What I will say though is that the Red is so pigmented that it has a lot of staying power: it stayed on my hand for a full day before fading.



What is your favourite Red/Nude?
L x


8 comments:

  1. You had me at Nude & Red !!! I'm a sucker for both colours!!!

    Serene xoxo

    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these packaging! It's a real step up for Loreal! The red is so beautiful x

    tmzn loves / beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree Tamzin! Something very sleek and sophisticated about this packaging, not tacky at all considering they're pretty inexpensive! xx

      Delete
  3. Very pretty shades! I just recently bought the red one but the Liya one. The packaging looks quite luxurious as well! x
    Mummy's Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I love how they have celebrities that you can relate yourself to, so you can find your shade easier! x

      Delete
  4. Beautiful colours! Haven't tried these yet but very tempted to buy one of the nudes. Love the packaging. x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend the nude! They're sooo wearable and would look lovely on you!! xx

      Delete